Welcome to Platoon Forward!

Welcome to the site where the story of the battle is as important as the battle itself. Here we will focus on men thrust into extraordinary situations of life and death. They must lead other men with duty and honor to meet their countries objectives. Some will be blessed with great skill, some will carry great shortcomings. No matter what nation, no matter what war, no matter what theater, they are all called to move their Platoon or Squadron forward!

These are their individual stories as played out using my various campaign rules . Hopefully these stories will entertain and inspire you to use your own troops, airmen and sailors to accomplish your own great heroics.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Great Book Alert!

Sorry for the gap between posts.   Have been in the US taking a course for "senior medical leaders".  
It did give me time to read a great book on the challenge of leadership. I led a Military Police platoon briefly and have been on "G" series orders for the last 8 years for those of you who know what that means.

 This book realy talks about the strain of command and the anguish of not always getting it right better than any I have ever read.   It's lessions apply not only to Vietnam but to small unit leadership throughout time.   It truely talks about "Platoon Forward".  For the gamer it also makes for some great Vietnam scenarios.  The Cross of Iron was the best war novel I had ever read but I think this one matches it and it is not a novel!  {Honorable mention goes to Delilah,  Soldier of the Great War and Bomber.}  


Cheers

Joe

1 comment:

  1. I think I read this once upon a time. I need to go back and find it again.

    ReplyDelete